Nature has it that the rainy season comes yearly. Apart from the fact that this comes with some unpleasant experiences. One can ensure smooth road rides by following simple expert tips as advised by MyHire & Rentals.
- Always remember “Slow and steady wins the race,” which is particularly applicable to motorists who are driving during the rainy season. Rainwater on the road will reduce the traction between the road and the tire, which could cause skidding while trying to rapidly stop the car.
- Don’t drive too close to the car in front of you. In the rain, stopping your vehicle will be more difficult. Make sure you keep a safe distance from other cars.
- Look out for potholes. The rainy season makes it difficult to determine where a pothole is on the road, and hitting a pothole can damage tires and engines.
- During the rain, make sure that your car tires are in perfect condition. While driving, the tread of the car should provide sufficient grip on the road. When the tread wears out, a layer forms between the road and the tire, preventing the car from gaining traction and causing it to skid.
- Did you ever experience difficulty starting your car in a downpour in the middle of the road ? By paying attention to your car battery’s lifespan, you can avoid this situation, which is sometimes shortened by corrosion caused by humidity and splashing water during rainy seasons.
- Take cues from other cars. One of the simplest strategies to keep your car out of difficulty during the rainy season is to accept cues from the car traveling in front of you. This is certainly something you’ve heard of or practiced before. Avoid taking a chance by starting the car if you see a vehicle your size straining to traverse some road.
- When it rains, it takes longer for the brakes to dry. When you hear any squeaking or grinding noises while braking, it’s obvious that you need to have your car checked right away. What if you need to change your brake pads? Additionally, braking in the rain is slower than it is on a dry or humid day. Always drive more slowly than usual and leave space between vehicles.
- It is advised to inspect the car engine and clean any water that may have gotten inside the component. Try to prevent having water on components within the engine, which will cause engine failure in the future.
It is advised to not drive at high speeds during the rainy season to avoid a dangerous situation called aquaplaning/hydroplaning. This is when a layer of water forms between the road and the tires, causing loss of friction and may lead to accidents.
If you cannot find alternative, relatively dry roads, make sure your car is in the first/second gear before getting in the water scene.
Keep a balance between the clutch and the accelerator while driving through deep puddles or patches of water.
Maintain adequate distance from other vehicles ahead of you.
If the visibility is near zero, it’s best to stop until the downpour ends or turns into a drizzle.
It is advised to rev the engine to drive the water out of the exhaust.
When vision is poor, always turn on the headlights and the taillights. This gives you a clear perspective of the road and makes your car visible to other motorists.
In case, you are still learning to maneuver in the rain. MyHire & Rentals provides the best when it comes to cars to hire. Perfect for the rain and it comes with a Chauffeur!