Please ensure that you do not pack items specified in this list in your carry-on or checked baggage.
Medically necessary needles and syringes are exempt from these prohibitions if passengers have in their possession prescription medication with a professionally printed label that identifies the medical office, pharmacy, or manufacturer of the medication.
For the safety of our passengers and aircraft, passengers are prohibited from carrying the following items in either checked or hand baggage:
- Explosives, munitions, fireworks, and flares
- Security-type cases/boxes incorporating goods such as lithium batteries or pyrotechnics
- Compressed gases (flammable, non-flammable, or poisonous) such as butane, propane, aqualung cylinders, lighter fuels, or refills
- Oxidizing substances such as bleaching powder and peroxides
- Flammable liquids such as paints and adhesives
- Disabling devices such as mace or pepper sprays, with irritant properties
- Poisons such as arsenic, cyanides, or insecticides
- Radioactive materials
- Corrosive materials such as mercury (which may be contained in thermometers or blood pressure gauges,) acids, alkalis, and wet cell batteries
- Any other substances which, during a flight, present a danger not covered above, such as magnetized, offensive, or irritating materials
- Lighters (butane, absorbed fuel, electric, battery-powered, and novelty lighters) are not to be carried on the person, or in the carry-on and checked baggage. This ruling by The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) applies to all passengers arriving into or departing from United States of America.
In addition, passengers are not allowed to carry the following items in their hand baggage for passengers’ safety and security reasons. To minimize inconvenience, you are advised to check in or put these items in your checked baggage instead:
- Knives (including hunting knives, swords, and pocket knives)
- Scissors and any other sharp/bladed objects (e.g. ice-pick, nail clippers) considered illegal by local law
- Weapons such as whips, baton, or stun gun
- Toys guns/gun shaped items or look-alikes, hand-cuffs
- Sporting equipment such as baseball/cricket bats, golf clubs, hockey sticks, billiard cues
- Devices with spillable batteries
- Aerosols (hair sprays, perfumes, medicines containing alcohol) not exceeding 0.5KG/L per article and 2.0KG/L in total weight
- Baby strollers
- Any other items which are deemed security hazards by local law
- Any other items that resemble or have similar functions to the above items
- Please note that these items will be retrieved at the boarding gate by the local authorities and depending on local conditions, the items may not be returned to you.